Chocolate Chip Traeger Cookies
Recipe by Poppy @Norfolk_Smoke_Pit
I love the Traeger for quick cooks like this switch it on and get going! I got mine from Riverside Garden Centre in Hertfordshire and if your in the market for one I would highly recommend visiting their showroom and taking a look. They have all-year round BBQ schools (even ones at Christmas) book on and have a play on one before you buy.
Makes around 18 cookies
250g caster sugar
200g light brown soft sugar
400g self raising flour
300g chocolate chips
- Get the Traeger lit to 185c
- Cream butter and sugars
- Add eggs one at a time and mix again
- Add flour - if using a mixer for the first stage switch to a spoon and mix flour in by hand
- Add chocolate chips
- Roll dough into a cling filmed sausage and place in the fridge for at least 6 hours ideally overnight or even 48 hours later .. you get a chewier bite the longer you leave it
- Cut into 1” thick rounds . Or if you want big NY style cookies go BIG at this stage
- Cook for 11-14 minutes depending on how crispy / chewy you like them
Serve warm with cold milk for pure heaven.
Dough can be frozen and thawed for future easy bake munchies!