FRIED CHICKEN WINGS
1 box of wings (I used Tesco)
1 Tbs Tater Tosser
1 Tsp Good Ol’ Rub
Full fat milk
Franks Hot Sauce
- Cut the wings into drums and flats
- Season with Tater Tosser and Good Ol’ Rub
- Empty the buttermilk into the wings and use the container to measure half the amount of full fat milk - bosh that in too.
- Splash of Franks Hot sauce and mix it well.
- Leave in the fridge for 6 hours
- Make the coating by mixing a ratio of 2:1 plain flour to cornflour . I used 1/2 cup flour and 1/4 cup corn flour and added 2 teaspoons of baking powder to this mix (it should be enough to do the whole box)
- Get your oil heated up to 180c do not go over this temperature. Pop the wings in and let them cook at around 165-175c for 5/6 minutes. Aiming for internal meat temps of 80-90c
- Fry in small batches, drain on a wire rack with some kitchen towel underneath / get them in a bowl and sauce them babies right up!