GOOD OL’ GARLIC BUTTER WINGS
Recipe by @thenortherngrillers
Serves 2 as a main meal
BBQ Vortex / Hot and Fast Indirect Heat
Prep Time – 15 min
Cook Time – 30 min
1kg Chicken Wings
Norfolk Smoke Pit Good Ol Rub
4 Garlic Cloves ( minced)
3 tbsp fresh parsley (finely chopped)
2 tbsp fresh coriander(finely chopped)
Pinch of flaky sea salt
Splash of lemon juice
1. Split wings into drums and flats (can leave as whole wings if you like)
2. Coat wings with a light coating of Good Ol Rub (go as little or heavy as you like it’s not got huge levels of heat so don’t panic)
3. Set BBQ up for hot and fast indirect cooking. We used a vortex set up but you can cook normal offset, making sure to get the temperature above 200c.
4. Place wings on the grill, and spray each wing with oil, this will ensure extra crispy skin.
5. Lid on and let them cook for around 30 minutes. Halfway through, spray with oil again.
6. While the wings are cooking mix the butter, garlic, parsley, coriander, lemon juice and salt together, mixing to soften the mixture.
7. When the wings have reached about 90c internal temp, remove from grill and place in a bowl.
8. Add your garlic butter ( I did around 3 table spoons) and toss the wings until they are all coated and the butter has melted.
9. Tuck in!!