Traeger Sticky Toffee Banana Cake
For the cake
140g self raising flour
140g castor sugar
2 large eggs
3 over ripe bananas
1tsp baking powder
For the sauce
200g soft light brown sugar
120ml double cream
( there will be lots of extra sauce but you can use this for serving with ice cream later)
- Heat Traeger to 180c and line a loaf tin
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy
- Add 1 tablespoon of the flour and 1 egg, whisk well and then add the other egg
- Fold in the remaining flour, baking powder and mashed bananas
- Pour the mixture into the tin and bake for 40 minutes . Could take a little longer, you want a clean skewer and a nice colour on the cake too.
- Meanwhile make the caramel sauce by combining ingredients into a pan and simmering on a low heat whisking for 5 minutes. Once the sauce thickens slightly you can remove from the heat, it will continue to thicken off the heat.
- Poke some holes into the loaf and pour around 3/4 tablespoons of the caramel on top (I didn’t measure to be honest I just covered the top of the cake in saucy goodness!
- Place back into the Traeger for 10 minutes to really bubble and crisp up the top
- Serve with ice cream and the remaining sauce